The Italian Chess Federation, on 28/07, published the safety protocol for the practice of chess; the same allows the resumption of competitive activity for events of national interest in compliance with the rules indicated in the protocol itself.
Chess Projects, although feeling dissatisfied again with the content of the protocol which is one of the most restrictive and limiting among those currently in use in the national federations participating in FIDE and trusting that the same could be revised in the previous months, simplifying in some known cases invasive (such as the obligation to wear both the visor and the mask during the game session), the confirmation, in the current state, to proceed with the organization of the 9th Salento International Chess Open 2020.
Caroli Hotels for its part, in addition to being equally favorable, has declared itself ready to give its full support so that the protocol is respected and to implement in parallel additional security measures to guarantee the health of the players and all those who take part in the event.
- A maximum of 3 game rooms will be made available with a capacity of hosting a total of 90/120 players divided into a maximum of 30/40 per single room, half of what was done in the past
- The game tables will be single and spaced from each other as required in the protocol in force
- The rooms will be sanitized at the end of each round and twice a day in case of double rounds and will not be used for other activities
- At the entrance before the start of each game round, the temperature will be tested with a scanner for each player who intends to access it
- Access to the game room will be imminent at the start of the round and differentiated
- Players, the refereeing staff, the organizing staff and the hotel staff will not be admitted to the public gaming room except 1 parent or companion (with delegation) of the minor participating in the tournament
- All daily accesses will be recorded
- The analysis room will be outdoors in the area in front of the swimming pool, the game pieces of the analysis room will be sanitized every day
- Any evening lessons and the daily Masterclass will also be organized outdoors and with the necessary distances in the area in front of the swimming pool
- Organizational staff and arbitral staff, when present within the playing area, will wear a mask and personal protective visor during the tournament
- There will be no opening speech for the tournament, and any awards ceremony will be held outdoors and in compliance with the social distance rules
For the players that want to participate:
- Fill in the registration form again (even if it was already filled in and sent previously on 06/07/20)
- Pay the registration fee by bank transfer within 7 days of completing the form on the site (also for those who are required to pay € 10.00 of the homologation fee only)
- Take a careful look at the FSI protocol and sign that you have read and understood its contents (declaration contained in the registration form)
- By 12/09/20 by email send your certificate for non-competitive sports (up to and including the FM category) and bring an original copy with it during the course of the event
- Before the start of the event, upon your arrival at the tourist facility of the Ecoresort Le Sirenè, deliver the appropriate form to the hotel reception with the self-declaration on your health
- Wear the mask and the visor during the game session and leave the game area as soon as your game is over
- Use the dispenser containing the appropriate gel to sanitize the hands, located at the entrance of the game room, before accessing the game station and again frequently during the game
- Before the start of each round of the tournament, undergo a body temperature check before entering the game room
- Maintain the required spacing with your opponent and other tournament participants
- Respect all the rules contained in the FSI protocol and the regional ones of the Puglia region where the event takes place
Thanking you for your attention and trusting that these rules can be subsequently softened, we are waiting for you in Gallipoli in September!
Chess Projects ASD